Design and construction of a new-build garden in Sleaford
Stuart was contacted by this client on the recommendation of a work colleague who had previously used our services. The family had recently moved into a new-build property on the outskirts of Sleaford and had been left with a large uninspiring fenced area of lawn.
The client asked Stuart to design a garden that would make the most of the area so that it could be enjoyed by the whole family. They wanted to be able to open the patio doors from the kitchen-dining area straight onto paving for easy outdoor dining and playtime for the children. With both parents working full time there was also a requirement for the garden to be reasonably easy to maintain yet provide plenty of colour and interest, with suitable space to grow their own vegetables.
Elements of the Project:
- Design drawn up by Stuart to meet the client’s brief
- Planting plan
- Laying of porcelain paving including three steps
- Construction of a sunken seating area with a retaining wall of sleepers and composite decking
- Construction of a large wooden curved-face pergola
- Construction of a bespoke water feature incorporating a corten steel rill carrying water behind the seating area
- Construction of a vegetable growing area with four raised sleeper beds and base for a greenhouse
- Laying of turf
- Planting of a range of shrubs, trees, climbers and perennials